Hls Medfreight - No communication = poor communication

Chicago, Illinois 5 comments

To be brief, I called many times and sent multiple emails to several employees at HLS regarding a status update, and went weeks without hearing anything from them. One employee even pointed out that on my most recent request for information, I had one too many commas in a sentence. She attacked my communication abilities in the email that I sent all but begging them for an important update. Outrageous! Pardon me, but isn't ZERO communication poor communication, and therefore unprofessional?

I understand that a company wants to put their best face forward at all times, and I appreciate getting emails that are well written and grammatically correct, but when weeks are passing and I'm obviously urgently in need of answers, who cares about spell-check? Just call me already and tell me what's going on so I can handle business.

Comments

Work/Life Balance -4

Location -3

Co-worker Competence -4

Work Environment -5

To be very honest, I have to say that my initial impression of this company was very positive but as time went by and I learned more about the company, who ran the company and how the company deceived their customers as well as employees, my impression quickly changed. I have never seen more hard working people go so unrewarded in my entire career. I have never seen someone build a business on a house of cards like this in my entire career and I feel sorry for the people that had to represent this company knowing what it was really about. This company is all about money and greed and is not helping hospitals, healthcare systems or healthcare as an industry. In fact, the business practices utilized by this company actually hurt healthcare as an industry and has not taken a single cent out of the cost of healthcare as the President boasts. To prove this fact, the company is being sold to a larger competitor that this company has always viewed as its number one enemy. How quickly money can change someone's mindset. I wish all of the employees the very best during this transition but fear that most of them will be out of a job very soon and will not receive even a severance package for their hard work and dedication to a company that was always out for a select few and the almighty dollar. What goes around comes around RB!!!!! Even for you!!!!

Comment | Share: FacebookDiggMySpace | Flag this Review 1Rating DetailsFrom Westerville, Ohio — 02/11/2010

Pay -2

Career Potential/Growth -1

Location 3

Co-worker Competence -2

Work Environment -2

HLS Medfreight is a great place to spend a week or two. The main problem I had there in my short stay was the orientation. It was basically like speed dating and boy do I hate speed dating. There was a sweet old lady that ran orientation but for some reason I just didn't like her AT ALL. Anyway, it's a great place if you can make it thru orientation. Sadly, I didn't have what it took.

Oh yea. I think the director or architecture was having an affair with the director of finance. Just a thought...

Comment | Share: FacebookDiggMySpace | Flag this Review -27Rating DetailsFrom Westerville — 01/31/2010

Pay -5

Benefits -5

Work/Life Balance -5

Location 0

Co-worker Competence 3

Work Environment 0

Rick Bayer is the company president - and in that capacity he is one of the most arrogant self centered people I have ever met. Manipulative is another word that could properly describe the egotistical self centered man known as Rick Bayer.

Needless to say, DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, you will be sorry. If you are desperate and unemployed then I guess you could think of this place as a temporary job until a better job comes along.

It won't take you long to realize that Rick Bayer is the biggest *** you have ever met.

Comment | Share: FacebookDiggMySpace | Flag this Review -38Rating DetailsFrom Westerville, ohio — 09/03/2009

Benefits -4

Work/Life Balance -4

Career Potential/Growth -4

Location -3

Co-worker Competence -5

Work Environment -4

I owuld tell you that anyone of intelligence is looking for a job - most will leave as soon as economy gets better. On the other hand - if you want to work at a comapny where incompetence is encouraged and rewarded this is the place for you.

Comment | Share: FacebookDiggMySpace | Flag this Review -28Rating DetailsFrom Westerville, Ohio — 06/24/2009

Benefits -3

Work/Life Balance -2

Career Potential/Growth -4

Location 2

Co-worker Competence -2

Work Environment -5

The President of this privately owned company has just purchased two new cars while witholding commission checks for everyone else. He has no business sense and takes no prudent actions for protecting his employees or his company. He had the audacity of recently telling someone that they were being let go and then having her train her replacement. He fired another person and boldly lied about it being a sudden surprise, only to have his replacement start work on the following Monday. He has no accountability for the miserable workplace that he propogates. His company deserves to fail and he deserves all of the credit when it finally goes down in a flaming pile of arrogance.

Comment | Share: FacebookDiggMySpace | Flag this Review -21Rating DetailsFrom Westerville, Ohio — 04/16/2009

Benefits -3

Job Security -3

Work/Life Balance -2

Location 2

Co-worker Competence 3

Work Environment -4

This is an awful work environment. The executive team consists of arrogant men who are short-sighted and who claim no accountability for the outcomes of their irrational and often selfish actions. Highly talented people are dismissed based on race, appearance, sexual orientation and overall religious beliefs. The president of this company has a God complex while living a hypocritical existence. He demeans, belittles, and tears down all around him in order to make himself appear intelligent. He grooms those under him to be sub-servient and manipulative. There is no trust. Anyone who thinks that this may be a good place to work should ask about the employee turnover rate and the reasons for departure. However, be aware that the answers are often misleading and half-truths. This is a miserable place to be unless you live in the arrogance on executive row.

#202110

I am an egotistical *** who likes to steal from customers and humilate my staff.

That makes me a great man and I should be admired.

#202109

Everyone who keeps complaining about my company needs to do an action plan on how to kiss my butt.

I will personally approve the action plan after I pick you and the action plan apart.

Part of the approval process for approving your action plan will be RICK BAYER trying his best to humilate you and make you feel like a second class person.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT ME THE GREAT RICK BAYER - I AM THE GOD OF WESTERVILLE AND NEW ALBANY AND YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND CREATE A REALLY GOOD ACTION PLAN ON HOW YOU WILL SERVE ME EVEN MORE.

The problem with the company is that you have someone named Rick Bayer in charge - he is an egotistical numnut at best. His daily goal is to come to work to humiliate his employees, rip off his customers, and drain the cash account to fund his lavish lifestyle.

The man who runs HLS medway is Rick Bayer - he is an arrogant self centered pig who treats his employees, customers, and everyone he knows like second class people.

Never do business with this company - Rick Bayer will make you wish you had never known Rick Bayer

View more comments